Packaging materials have been used since ancient times to ensure the safe delivery of goods. Nowadays, the most common materials used for packaging products are cardboard, paper, tin, polyester, or paperboard. They’ve been used for years across numerous industries as they offer good quality and economical solutions.
When choosing product packaging & supplies for your business, the very first thing you need to consider is the material you should use. The material should be able to protect your product and, at the same time, promote your company. Understanding the different materials available is the key to choosing the best product packaging to cater to your needs.
What Are The Different Types Of Packaging Materials?
There’s a wide variety of available different types of packaging material, including cardboard, plastic, wood, aluminum, or glass. The best kind of packaging materials depends on the specific application. You should identify first what you’re using the packaging for, before you can decide which packaging material offers the perfect functionalities and quality.
Here are some of the most popular packaging materials used today:
- Plastic Products: Plastic is one of the oldest packaging materials and one of the most easily available ones today. Plastic is such popular product packaging material because it can be manufactured with minimum effort and costs, compared to other types materials. Moreover, it’s durable enough to resist excessive heat, light, moisture, humidity, etc.
- Cardboard: This is the one of first types of materials used in packaging. Cardboard is also known as paper pulp, corrugated paper, or cardboard. The main benefit of cardboard is its ability to resist moisture, heat, light, and even air.
- Aluminum: Aluminum is another type of material that’s widely used in packaging. Aluminum is also used in other applications like food containers, cans, and bottles. Apart from its durability, it’s easy to cut, making the packaging process so much faster.
- Glass: Glass has also come up as a popular packaging material alternative, especially for food and beverage products. One of the benefits of using glass is that it’s reusable.
Choosing the right material for your product affects how customers trust your brand. This is why you should only choose the one suited for your products and business.
What Is The Best Material For Your Products?
PVC and cardboard are considered by many as the best product packaging materials available today. They’re widely used, but they come in different shapes, sizes, and colors.
Check out their benefits below:
- Cardboard is one of the oldest packaging materials used for different product packages. Cardboard packaging can be made using various processing methods like thermal roll-making and thermal foil stamping. It’s a strong and durable packaging material that’s best for packaging items of varying sizes.
Cardboard packaging materials are very attractive to look at and very appealing to the eye. They can be printed with labels or have the contents written on them. They can also be customized to fit any size and shape. They can even be used to wrap certain food items and store other fragile or small items.
Cardboard is typically inexpensive and durable. Because the material is so lightweight, they’re also very easy to package, tear, and unpack. They can even be combined with other materials to create more durable packaging, making them highly functional and affordable.
- PVC is another packaging material that can be used for different purposes. This type of packaging material is commonly used for the packaging of heavy goods. There are different types of products packed in PVC boxes, such as electrical appliances, toys, electronic goods, and many more. The main advantage of using PVC packaging material is that it’s very safe, durable, and easy to handle.
The process of using PVC packaging material is simple and fast. It’s also a cheap packaging material that can be used for all kinds of purposes.
PVC and cardboards are considered the best and widely used product packaging because they’re cost-effective and versatile. Aside from that, these packaging materials are durable and ensure your products’ safety during transport and storage.
PVC and cardboard packaging materials are also easy to design according to your needs to showcase your brand to your potential customers. PVC packaging material can be molded into different shapes according to what you think will suit your customers’ needs. There are also other ways to recycle plastic product packaging, which is why it’s also a widely used material. Meanwhile, cardboard packaging is eco-friendly and easy to store.
You must choose the right product packaging material that would protect your products and, at the same time, allow you to display your brand.
Heather Bell is a full-time blogger who regularly publishes topics on business, and investment online. Aside from working on her blog, Heather also submits guest posts to other websites as an attempt to reach more readers.