This post is dedicated to Jeffrey Brooks from ClarinetMonster. Jeffrey is rocking it as a newbie entrepreneur in the music industry and we wish him much luck and success.
Telling the truth today seems like a rare commodity. In a world where alternative facts are a viable ‘alternative’- truth seems like a rare commodity and hard to find.
On this Independence Day, I think it is appropriate to see what is happening in America as a process of deconstruction of both our thinking and ourselves. We are being forced to look carefully at what we value and what we believe is right or wrong.
Framed in this light, its pretty simple to see how we can reconstruct from the bottom up: one human being at a time. What we do to help ourselves, our families, our friends, and our community– to encourage greater independence and freedom, is what is required for more of us to thrive.
How can you create a win-win-win??
Walking the talk is challenging but it begins with answering truthfully a few questions:
- Will you be truthfully to yourself and others always? (When you tell the truth and keep telling it, eventually, life improves.)
- Will you commit to rethinking who you are, and who you want to be?
- Will you act on that internal inventory list you discover as you see the good, the bad and the ugly?
- Will you move towards learning?
- Will you take the time to reflect on what serves your highest purpose and best self?
- Will you learn to use your gifts, or will you keep tearing others down who do?
- Are you willing to set your ego aside?
Our continued independence requires a commitment to our own personal growth and a deep look inside.
- Seek out others for support- folks that know more than you do. Build partnerships. Not walls.
- Be more willing to listen, to learn and be willing to try new things and share with open mindedness. Stay curious. I know it can be hard to do.
- True independence requires something REAL AND DEEP from each and every one of us. It requires us to accept our failures and weakness and find a way to overcome them. It requires us to set our ego, arrogance and jealousy aside.
We can reconstruct America into a braver land who is known as the GREAT enabler of freedom and independence for all seeking it and willing to work for it. It is just going to require a deeper look at ourselves and our own lives.
Wishing you and your family the happiest 4th of July!
To your highest purpose and best self.
To learn more about me go to Sana Sells, iaeou.me, Crowdfund Capital Advisors, LisaCanning.com, Lisa’s Clarinet Shop, or Royal Musical Instruments. You can also find me on Linkedin.
Do you know a woman who is making change happen in her community? Like my Facebook page, Women Making Change Happen, and tell me who she is.
For more information about The Illinois Business Incubator Association IBIA or becoming a member click here.