This year launched with a bang. I am living in organized chaos right now. I get up early to exercise or read, then toggle between Lisa’s Clarinet Shop, Royal Musical Instruments, IAEOU and Sana’s Kitchen routinely throughout the day and into the evening. The days are running all together honestly.
I have so many ‘snippets and threads’ running through my head, about where all these projects are going, and what they need as next steps, that it occurred to me I might find it helpful to write down the big picture for myself. And, that by doing so, I might help you think through your own as well. There is nothing quite like defining the framework with which you will work to prioritize what you will and will not do underneath.
So here are some of my big picture thoughts out loud. I hope they help you make a decision today to move forward in a positive way too in your current projects.
- Becoming an incredibly successful entrepreneur is simple. Those who do, have figured out a repeatable massive way to sell a whole lot more of whatever it is they are peddling than all the rest of us. A sales model that works is everything.
- Selling is even easier when you have an unlimited supply. Take Lyft or Airbnb model of using ‘the crowd’ as their inventory. They will never ever run out.
- ‘Hi I am the VP of Sales.’ ‘Meet our President and CEO’. Titles don’t tell stories. But people sharing their passion for the product, why it matters to them and who it helps and serves does. Tell your story to anyone who will listen and the business will find you. Be a relentless story teller. If you love the brand it should come easy to you to do.
- Obsessions really piss people off. Especially when they don’t have any of their own. Don’t let your passions stop you because someone else you thought mattered no longer understands why you are so driven. Be true to you. Keep going.
- There is usually a way if there is a will, but sometimes you realize there is not. And on that note:
- Don’t dig a hole just because you are good at digging. Unless your building a pipeline and need that hole, digging just gets you buried. Stop digging.
- Investment of your time and money need to have objective outcomes and short and medium term goals. If you work tirelessly to reach them, but cannot, the first next step is to stop spending your own money. If you choose to continue to invest your time that is up to you. At some point, people should step up to help you. No one succeeds alone.
To your highest purpose and best self friends.
To learn more about me go to LisaCanning.com, Lisa’s Clarinet Shop, Royal Musical Instruments or iaeou.me
Do you know a woman who is making change happen in her community? Like my Facebook page, Women Making Change Happen, and tell me who she is.