The entire process of mobile application is pretty long to point out a cheat sheet for any one of the factors involved. Mobile applications per say is an ongoing process. This means that one needs to keep things handy at each and every stage of an application process.
Be it application development or application marketing. This is where real thing shape up. And this is the reason why one needs to have a clean cheat handy for each and every stage through which a mobile application passes through.
The cheat sheet for mobile applications works tremendously well even if you have any innovative app idea. Such cheat sheets comes really handy when you are in the process of making a mobile successful application.
A. The Ultimate App Development Cheat Sheet
It is important to have the collection of development tools handy so that it can help you build mobile apps rapidly without spending too much time coding. Take a look at the below-mentioned cheat sheet tools and save it for your future use
1. AppMakr – $9/month for both Android & iOS app
AppMakr is a simple browser-based tool aimed at creating iOS and android apps. The plus point over here is that you do not require any coding experience.
As proposed by then AppMakr marketers, it all requires 20 minutes of your life to develop and build a mobile which can make its way to the marketplace.
Basically, AppMakr is a DIY mobile app making platform. It helps you build a mobile app with simple drag and drop interface.
For the security-concerned developers, AppMakr come paired up with some of the safest security partners which include McAfee and MetaCert.
2. The Android Design Guide by Google
Development is always followed by design. So if you are pumped up about crafting an amazing design, then Android Design Guide is the best way to go about. This is perhaps one of the great places to start for layout design advice.
The precise approach to the same should be; start a google defined layout. And then follow guidelines and principles. This will help you customize your app. One of the most important thing over here is to pay attention to the guidelines mentioned by google as this will ensure your app looks great.
3. Design Navigation Guidelines
– THINK UNIQUE. It is advisable to think in terms of gestures like taps, swipes, pinches, etc.
Make a note: Focus on the gestural user interface.
– First things are first served. Great designs are ones which engross users from the first touch itself.
Here, the focus is: Optimized navigation + quicker task accomplishment
– Bigger touch targets are the key to optimizing UX. It irritates users if touch targets are not taking the correct gestures from the users.
The Key is: Follow touch target guidelines for dedicated OS
Let users build a mental model of app architecture. This can be made possible by maintaining interactive consistency throughout the app.
Focus: Consistency in navigation model, icons and labels
B. Mobile App Testing Cheat Sheet
The clean cheat to mobile app testing is really important in terms of launching the well-made mobile applications. Real-time simulation techniques must be incorporated to check the end-user performance probabilities. On broader aspect app testing can be divided into 3 major segments – Design testing, UX testing, and performance testing.
1. Design Testing: The main aim is to test the core functionality of design in the application. It requires maintaining the consistency across all the devices and platforms. It is important to focus on wrong responses as well. Also, the end-user workflow must also be validated by ensuring smooth flow of information and transition between screens.
2. UX Testing: The core of UX testing lies in testing the comfort level of a user along with app usability. There are various factors which come to play in UX testing which includes; Fonts visibility, functionality, bookmark navigations, etc. There are few things to be kept in mind – The size of interactive elements should be sufficient for users to push them along with it, there must be interactive responsiveness
3. Performance Testing: Performance testing is all about keeping a check on app speed and responsiveness. Also, note must be made about the processor and memory usage, app’s involvement in battery draining and its on-device utility. There must be a protocol for frequently testing the app behavior during high-load times. Performance must be tested even during the device interruptions like calls, SMS, notifications, etc.
C. The ultimate App Marketing Cheat Sheet
Millions of mobile apps are made and launched on the day to day basis, which speaks a lot about the tech opportunists plunging into the business of mobile applications. Thousands of mobile apps are launched in the market, but what can craft your niche is how you market your app so that it reaches the place where it is intended to.
Below is the clean sheet of mobile application marketing which can help your app reach places. The key is to launch your mobile app with a bang!
1. Make a beta launch list:
First thing first – it is here in the beta launch you can start your promotion process by validating and testing your app. List out the existing customers/clients and send them information about your new app. What can be better than giving those gifts/freebies on downloading mobile apps? Here is the chance to tap on the existing user and win their faith by making them feel special.
Tools to use: mailchimp.com, tinyletter.com.
Benefits: Get testimonials and positive reviews from existing clients – this shall attract new users as well
2. Download app button on website
It always pays off. Integrating the download button on your website will create awareness amongst the users that your mobile app is now available in various app stores. There are options of placing them either to a banner or put a link at the bottom of the web template. Use every opportunity to promote your app, including blog posts and social media.
Tools: Add respective app store badge on your website.
Benefits: Converting website traffic into prospective app user – creating a community
3. Integrate Push notifications
One of the most amazing yet an easy ways to retain your app users is by using push notifications to let them know that the app is working. This will remind them about the usability of the app and also ensures that their downloaded application is working just perfect.
Tip: No spamming. Only one push notification a week
Benefits: Drags your users back to using app – provided you push notifications wisely.
The above mentioned points do come handy while you undergo the process of developing a mobile application. Well, this is certainly not the exhaustive list because an application development process is really a big process which undergoes a lot of sub-process.
But this cheat sheet comes handy when you are stuck up too much in the process. But the success of any mobile application will depend on how well the entire process is touched with perfection to craft a compelling experience of end-users.
Shahid Abbasi is a marketing consultant with Peerbits, a one of the top mobile app development companies and the home of app enthusiasts. Shahid likes to keep busy with his team, and to provide top-notch mobility solutions for enterprises and startups.