In your day-to-day life as a business owner and/or entrepreneur, you most likely don’t get too much free time for yourself. Everyone needs some downtime and looking after your mental health and wellbeing is essential. You need time for yourself. You need some time where you can regroup and focus on your health and well being. Running a business is stressful and it can be very demanding, it can take a lot out of you both mentally and physically, and sometimes you may just need that pick me up, and this is where exercising can help. It may seem that fitting in a workout into your busy schedule might sound a bit unrealistic, but just doing 30 minutes of exercise a day (whether this is in the form of pilates or jogging) will trigger your body to release endorphins. Endorphins are a mood enhancer, they make you feel more upbeat and positive- and let’s be honest everyone could do with feeling like this at some point in the day, couldn’t they!
Perhaps you have been making excuses as to why you can’t exercise, from no time to no energy, or fear may be even the fear of feeling out of place in a gym – whatever the reason you need to stop making excuses. I know you probably don’t feel like doing a workout, but, carving out some time for yourself within the day will ensure you stay productive and on point. Eating right, sleeping well, and exercising helps provide clarity and focus, and not forgetting some much needed thinking time. As an entrepreneur you can sometimes feel weighed down by everything you have to do, the list sometimes feels neverending. Exercising allows you to release these feelings, stress, and tension will become a thing of the past, and did I mention it is good for you too! Being an entrepreneur, you will want to be the best you can be every day, and part of this is looking and feeling good, which in part can come from a good workout. Of course, workouts and exercising are what you want it to be, it doesn’t have to be part of a fad or trend as long as it’s fun and makes you feel fabulous.
Why are Workouts Important for Entrepreneurs
- Mental health is super important. Sometimes getting through a tough day that feels never-ending can take its toll on your mental health, and this is one-way exercising can help. Working out gives you some time to clear your thoughts, time to put things into perspective.
- Workouts can help give you new direction and help you get out of that rut. Whenever you choose to workout, be it early morning or in the middle of the day, you will get some much-needed thinking space. This thinking space could lead you into new and exciting projects, it can help you push forward with a business idea and it can also help you get more focus and clarity on what your next steps as an entrepreneur are.
- Exercising makes you feel good. When you feel good you look good and you feel confident too, forget about what other people think and say, you are exercising for yourself. Channel all of your new-found energy and efforts into those new projects you have been putting off.
- Working out gives you more energy. What you do with that extra energy is up to you, but I know that with more energy it’s easy to multitask and be a lot more productive in whatever project you are currently working on/tackling whether in your professional or personal life.
- Working out through an online class or in the gym helps you meet new people. These new people could be potential customers/clients or even new business allies. Working out could be seen as another networking opportunity.
Why is the Right Clothing so Important when I Workout
When you add exercise into your daily life you will soon find you spend a lot of time in workout wear and this is why clothes must fit you properly and aid any exercise you do.
- Poor-fitting clothes including ill-fitted or old sports bras can leave you feeling frumpy and not supported, which is enough to put you off exercising full stop. Investing in decent sports bras from Evolve Fit Wear will leave you feeling fully supported and ready to tackle any high or low-intensity workout you desire.
- Clothes made from heavy materials don’t allow your skin to breathe properly, and when you sweat some materials can harbor the sweat, which can lead to noticeable nasty smells. This is why it is important to get breathable mesh workout clothes that are fit for purpose.
- As well as uninspiring clothes, shoes are just as important when working out. Shoes that are too big, too tight, or that don’t support you when you are exercising will make you feel terrible. Ill-fitting shoes can lead to backache, general discomfort. Not to mention blisters!
- Workout clothing is fit for purpose. It has been designed and engineered for a multitude of purposes, whether that is to hug your curves so you can tackle that spinning class, or to be loose and comfortable so you can relax while doing yoga or pilates.
- It is an extension and reflection of you. Workout wear comes in beautiful patterns and colors that are bold and beautiful just like you. Most workout gear can be worn throughout the day, especially if you are busy and on the go all the time.
As an entrepreneur, you are strong-willed, focused, and determined and you deserve to succeed as a powerful female entrepreneur. Alongside exercising you need a balanced diet that is full of fruit and vegetables. Having a balanced diet will ensure you get the most from your workouts. The importance of living well and exercising cannot be underestimated, as they go hand in hand, and together they can rapidly change everything from your mood to your general outlook on life and your business.
– A keen writer covering topics such as Internet Marketing, SEO, Travel, Beauty and the such. He enjoys spending time with his two kids on his past time.