Peterborough, NH – September 23, 2013 – PeoplesVC, Inc. announced what it believes to be the first offering of securities under a new offering exemption under the JOBS Act Title II. The new Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regulations, enacted at midnight, are expected to make it easier for entrepreneurs to raise capital by reaching a larger audience of accredited investors using advertising and social media channels such as Facebook™ and LinkedIn™. The JOBS Act is ultimately expected to pave the way for securities-based crowdfunding under Title III of the Act.
Until today’s SEC regulations went into effect, businesses raising capital had been prohibited from using general solicitation for securities offerings under Regulation D of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended. PeoplesVC intends to take advantage of the JOBS Act by providing a marketplace where investors can invest in America’s startups and small businesses.
After the Securities and Exchange Commission and other regulators publish final rules implementing Title III of the JOBS Act, PeoplesVC expects to open up early-stage investing to all Americans and stimulate meaningful job growth through its securities-based crowdfunding portal. The company seeks to democratize capital formation activities by helping the general public replace banks and traditional venture capital firms as primary sources of early stage capital for startups and existing businesses.
“Our mission at PeoplesVC it to help companies raise capital and use it to grow businesses that create jobs,” commented PeoplesVC CEO Akhil Garland. “The time is now for America to reinvent itself, and it is an honor to have an opportunity to help create meaningful, challenging, exciting and rewarding jobs. Our goal is to focus on creating the types of jobs that, in turn, create more jobs – those are the most valuable and have the most impact on our nation.”
Also at midnight, PeoplesVC, Inc. launched a general solicitation offering to raise capital for itself under Title II of the JOBS Act. The company’s offering seeks to raise up to $4,750,000 through the sale of PeoplesVC’s Series A Preferred Stock. The offering is only open to accredited investors and is being offered exclusively by PeoplesVC, Inc. through an offering memorandum available on its website at www.accredited-investors-club.com. A live video offering launch event can be viewed online at Noon Eastern on September 23 at
Peoples Venture Capital (Peoples VC) was founded to create American jobs. It expects to individual investors to participate in early stage investments and the growth of small companies, while helping entrepreneurs create jobs and raise capital through grassroots funding. Harnessing the power of the Internet and social networking, PeoplesVC.com is a catalyst for rapid change, jobs growth, and innovation. The company can be found online at http://www.PeoplesVC.com.
General Solicitation Disclaimers
• The securities being offered by PeoplesVC may be sold only to accredited investors, which for natural persons, are investors who meet certain minimum annual income or net worth thresholds.
• The securities being offered by PeoplesVC are being offered in reliance on an exemption from the registration requirements of the Securities Act and are not required to comply with specific disclosure requirements that apply to registration under the Securities Act.
• Neither the Securities and Exchange Commission nor any state regulator has passed upon the merits of or given its approval to the securities, the terms of the offering, or the accuracy or completeness of any offering materials.
• The securities being offered by PeoplesVC are subject to legal restrictions on transfer and resale and investors should not assume they will be able to resell their securities.
• Investing in securities involves risk, and investors should be able to bear the loss of their investment.
Please refer to the offering memorandum available at www.accredited-investors-club.com for additional information about the terms and risks of investing in PeoplesVC’s offering.