In the modern day, the avenues for earning profit have diversified. Especially with the emergence of social media, it is quite easy to set-up businesses without having to create physical stores! Are you thinking of jumpstarting your own online business but don’t know where to start? Here are a few ideas to help you with your brainstorming:
- Pre-loved Thrift Shop: A recent trend on social media platforms, like Instagram and Carousell, is creating a small thrift shop online where you can sell items that you no longer wear or use. By simply taking pictures of these items, you may find customers that may be interested in purchasing your used or unused things. Plus, it’s sustainable!
- Online Apparel Store: If you are an aspiring designer or you simply have an eye for fashion, this business could be perfect for you! By campaigning your products on social media and creating your own website, you can reach out to your potential market and sell your merchandise.
- Creative Portfolio: Instagram over the past few years has served as an amazing tool to showcase your craft and reach a wider audience. By posting your photography, art, and more, you may attract customers that can directly message you through the application! Facebook has also had Facebook groups for different niches like freelance writing where you can find clients and vice versa.
- Food Business: Many bakers, caterers, and chefs have put up their own business profiles on Facebook and Instagram wherein they are able to market the dishes and treats that they make. Through this, customers are able to reach out to you and order. Because delivery applications have been made, like Lalamove and Grab Express, you can now send food to your customers without having to leave your home.
- Service Business: Popular ways to earn online now are tutoring, editing, transcribing, etc. If you have a special skill that not many people can do, capitalize on it! There are many websites that look for online English tutors in which you can earn a substantial amount of money. As for services like editing videos or photos and translating a work to another language, there are many Facebook groups that cater to such wherein clients post what they need and you may personally message them if you are interested in performing a task for them or working for them.
With that, the online world and social media are your ultimate resource nowadays. Use these to get in touch with your target market, and to gain potential clients. Start your own online business today!
Tritan Chan, a BSBA Marketing Management student who loves to read while listening to music.